Friday, February 7, 2014

The Sin That Keeps You Out Of Heaven

"Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ?  He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son."  
                                                                            I John 2:22


The Bible states that the sin above all sins is unbelief that Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Son of God.  The following verses all come from the first half of the Gospel of John.  Matthew, Mark, and Luke as well as many other books of the New Testament present even more Scriptures.  The following are from the New King James Version and reveal that belief in Jesus is paramount.



3:15-16:  "That whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."



3:18:  "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."



5:21-22:  "For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.  For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son."



5:24:  "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."



6:29:  "Jesus answered and said to them, 'This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.' "



6:40:  "And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day."  



6:47:  "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life."



6:54:  "Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."



8:24:  "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."  



9:35-37:  "Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him, 'Do you believe in the Son of God?'  He answered and said, 'Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?'  And Jesus said to him, 'You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you.'  Then he said, 'Lord, I believe!' And he worshiped Him."  



10:9:  "I am the door.  If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture."



10:26-28:  "But you do not believe, because you are not My sheep, as I said to you.  My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.  And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand."



11:25-27:  "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.  And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.  Do you believe this?'  She said to Him, 'Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.' "



No comments:

Post a Comment